Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sweet Bird

Julie from A Little Bit of Bling here-- I'm so excited to be sharing this project that I created for Linnie Blooms!
This is one of my favorite things that I've ever created.

It all started with a canvas blank.

I was holding it, and feeling the texture (there's a surprise sewn in between two pieces of canvas)- I decided to emboss it with my Cuttlebug and an awesome Anna Griffin folder that I have.
I wasn't sure if it would work-
but it did!!

Once I had the embossed image, I used Creative Inspirations Paint on it.  This paint works fantastic on canvas!  I did some outlining with Copic Markers- which also works great on canvas.
The end result:


I finished it off with a clip and some 3 Girl JAM ribbon from the New and Improved Seasons Bundle.

Make sure to check out the Linnie Blooms store for more inspiration and fabulous products!

4 comments:

  1. I really do love this bird!! I would never have thought about embossing the squares . . . brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea using the embossing folder to get the image.. and I love the paints, color choice and the project.. perfectly fit all together.. looks fabulous.. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to emboss the blank! I didn't know an image would hold. I love it!

    ReplyDelete