Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Framed Home Decor

Hi there!  Laura here today, and just a little sad, as today is my
last guest post for Linnie Blooms....so I did want to take just a
second and say a huge THANK YOU, to owner Linda and DT
coordinator Kimberly, for the opportunity to create with these
awesome shapes!  I have had a blast!

And without further ado, here is my home decor project:



I used the Canvas Full Tree Shape and Distress Paint in Peeled
Paint and Walnut Stain to color the tree.  To get the leafy look...
I used the dauber to pounce on the color.  The Canvas Owl shape
was brushed with Distress Stain, and then I went around the edges
with Espresso paint dauber.  His eyes are two black buttons with
Jellie Dot gems for centers.

The Fall Leaf Shapes were colored with orange and red gelatos,
directly onto the canvas shapes, and then blended with water,
because I wanted a deep fall color.  I frayed the edges just a bit,
and then brushed them with the Espresso paint.

The fall banner is the Canvas Pennant pieces, and I left the tip
uncolored, then added a streak of orange and a streak of
yellow, and blended carefully to get the look of candy corn.
I brushed these with the paint as well, and then adhered the
letters, and used foam tape to adhere the banner to the frame,
and added twine bows.

I used stickers and paper from Reminisce, and buttons with
Trendy Twine Orange Licorice to finish it all off.

Thanks for stopping by today, and make sure to check out
all the fun shapes from Linnie Blooms....so many to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment