Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Stenciled Bird Tag

Guess what day it is?  Wait for it . . . wait for it . . . HUMP DAY!!!  I hope everyone's having a great week!  Today I've got a cute little stenciled bird tag to show you.




I found this tag in my stash and thought it might be perfect to do something with.  It was part of a six-piece set of gift tags that I think I got as part of a prize package at some point in the past few months.  I went through my Linnie Blooms goodies and came across the bird stencil, then I saw my Pebbles Inc. Chalking Set, and voila!  A beautiful tag was born!

First, I traced the stencil onto the tag using my Pure Violet ZIG Writer.  Using my darkest color of purple chalk, I chalked inside the stencil (while still holding the stencil in place) and added a purple rhinestone for the bird's eye.  I used a lighter shade of purple chalk on the canvas piece that serves as the bird's wing, and I used my Big Bite II to punch the hole and found a shiny purple brad in my stash to hold the wing on.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!  You can also find this on my blog at Marine Wife's Scrappin' Life.  I'll be back on Friday with another design project for you!  In the meantime, get your craft on, and happy scrappin'!


6 comments:

  1. You can NEVER have too many tags, this is so precious! Love your sweet bird, Ashley…the wing is the perfect amount of layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is your TAG!! I love it the rich purple is great and how fun to make the wing a layering piece! Love it! Great Job!!! Two thumbs up!! loves-Madge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet TAG! Love the colors you used! Can alway use a tag! They are great for so many things!

    ReplyDelete