Monday, August 3, 2015

Art Journaling

Hello, it's Ann from the Design Team here at Linnie Blooms and from the blog at http://annmakes.blogspot.com.  Today I am showing you a couple of pages I have played with in my Linnie Blooms Journal.



I used some bright colours that make me happy and feel like summer:



I covered the first page with a coat of white Gesso, let that dry and then had fun with some spritzes of colour.  I sprayed on some colour ,added a few sprays of water and let it drip!   I just played with that technique until i was happy with the result.  I let the paints dry and then used a stencil with some black craft paint for the silhouette.   I stamped the quote onto a scrap of vellum and adhered it to the page with some sealer.




The second page was actually done first and I left the canvas unprimed.  I dabbed some fluid acrylics through a stencil for the background.  Then I played with a damp brush through the remaining paint on the stencil.  When the paint was dry I used a rubber stamp with some black ink and stamped the cat.  I went over the cat image with a black pen to cover any spots that were too light.  The eyes were coloured with a metallic green marker.  The quote is a clear sticker that I had in my stash for the longest time.  I used some extra sealer to make sure it would stay stuck to the page.



I hope that you are inspired to play along in a journal too.

Thanks for stopping by.
Please come over to my Blog at: http://annmakes.blogspot.com and my YouTube channel to see the other projects I am working on.

Supplies:
Linnie Blooms Mini Mixed-Stitched Book
Page 1:
DecoArt® Media™Misters in: Primary Magenta, Primary Cyan, and Primary Yellow
DecoArt® Crafter's Acrylic ™Paint  in Black
DecoArt® Stencil Andy Skinnner 6"x6" "Vogue"
Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz stamp "City-Central"
Page2:
DecoArt® Media Fluid Acrylics™in:  Cobalt Teal Hue, Quinacridone Magenta, Hansa Yellow Light
Stamp (my stash)
Ranger's Archival Black Ink(used ion both pages)
Faber Castell Black Pitt Pen
DecoArt®Americana stencil 6"x8" "Daisy Chain
Quote Sticker (my stash)
Respect Green Metallic pen
Decoupage by DecoArt® glue-Sealer-finish (used on both pages)

No comments:

Post a Comment